La Paloma Swim Team
Welcome to the 2020 La Paloma Summer Swim Team Informational Webpage!
The La Paloma Swim Team is for kids 17 and younger, who know how to swim, and desire to be on a team with expert coaching and training methods.
For more information on the summer swim team at La Paloma Country Club, please call 520.891.8914!
Chad Castillo, Head Coach:
- USA Swimming Level 1 Coach Certified
- FORD aquatics senior coach; 2015-2018;
- Coached 1x American Record holder
- Salpointe Women’s Head Coach 2010-2015; 1x State; Champion, 2x State runner up;
- 4x So AZ coach of the year; Catalina Terrace head coach 2006-2009, 2011-2014; High School All American
Rose Synder, 1st Asst Coach
- Executive Director/Swim Coach: Falfins swimming (Colorado)
- Aquatics Director: Cheyenne Mountain Resort
- Club Services Director: USA Swimming
- Age Group Programs Coordinator: USA Swimming
- Associate Director of Coaching: US Olympic Committee
- US Maters Swimming (USMS): National Record Holder, Relay & Individual All-American and National Champion
- Feration Internationale de Natation (FINA): Top Ten World Rankings in Freestyle, multiple years
- English Channel Swimmer: Garnet-Martin Trophy, The Channel Swimming Association (1987) - First Coloradoan to successfully swim across the English Channel
- Specializes in Marathon, Open Water, and long distance Freestyle as well as Butterfly
- More than 40 years teaching and coaching experience including working with the disabled
- U.S. Olympic Trails Competitor: 1992, 1996, 2012 (100 breastroke)
- US Maters Swimming (USMS), National & Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) Masters World Record Holder
- USMS All-Star, FINIA All-Time Top Ten World Rankings & FINA World Champion
- Pan-American Games Bronze Medalist
- Former USA National Team Member
- High School, USA Swimming, NCAA & USMS All-American
- Specializes in Sprinting, Breaststroke, Backstroke & I.M.
For information, please call 520.891.8914.