Your Health & Safey Matters
The safety of Members, Guests and Associates is our priority at La Paloma Country Club. We are doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety for everyone while still allowing Members to play golf.
Golf is a sport that allows you to have social distancing without distancing yourself socially. You can have interaction in a safe way. There is no physical contact or need to share equipment.
La Paloma is being proactive to ensure the health and safety for all by implementing the following:
- Moving from shotgun starts to tee times only
- Limiting group activity sizes in accordance with state and local guidance
- Modified restaurant operating formats for strictly the sale of “to go” food and beverage
- Cleaning golf carts prior to each round, wiping with bleach solution: all touch points steering wheel, seat handles, seats, replacing pencils & thorough washing.
- Removed coolers, sand/seed bottles and towels in carts
- Removal or disconnection of water coolers or water dispensing units
- Encouraging walking and providing single-rider carts
- Ensure restrooms are more frequently cleaned and sanitized
- Implementing modifications to the cup which elevates the golf ball (i.e using pool noodle inserts (or PVC inserts) so the ball does not fall below the surface
- Removed all on course ball washers (if not possible covering them up)
- Paused services of club cleaning, bag drop, and lessons.
- Increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the property especially entry points and lobby
- Propping doors at high traffic entry areas
- Removed all on-course bunker rakes (if you hit in a bunker you can improve your lie or move the ball out of footprints)
- Removed flags from practice putting greens
- Encouraging all guests to leave the flagstick in and putt without touching the flagstick
- Encouraging proper social distancing protocol throughout golfers round
The benefits of Golf:
- The golf course typically represents over 200 acres of open space land
- The opportunity for socially-distant recreation on a golf course is much like taking a walk through a park
- Golf courses can remain open for play (a wonderful and socially-distant activity for everyone to enjoy), and operators can take all the necessary precautions to keep staff and golfers safe
- Walking 18 holes of golf is equivalent to a 4-mile run, 5-mile bike ride and burns 2,000 calories while taking over 10,000 steps in a round.
- Whether utilizing a cart of walking, playing golf oxygenates the body, improves posture, and provides a place to enjoy fresh air.